Executive Women’s Leadership Conference
Are You a Leader or a Follower?
Miss Universe 2019 Zozibini Tunzi of South Africa speaks on “Why Is Leadership for Women Important?”
11:00am-11:45am: Executive Presence & How to Elevate Your Style – When you look and act like a successful leader: when you’ve got executive presence, people take notice. That it-quality sends a signal to others that you’re confident and composed. It also conveys to those around you that you are in charge. We’ll start with a discussion on what exactly executive presence is and why it’s important to your career. We’ll also share some ideas on how to build and sustain your presence. What you wear can influence your thinking and negotiating skills, and even hormone levels and heart rate. The old advice to dress for the job you want, not the job you have, may have roots in more than simply how others perceive you—many studies show that the clothes you wear can affect your mental and physical performance. We will teach you how to dress for success and elevate your style with an emphasis on color.
12noon-12:45pm: Communicating with Confidence & Body Language for Women – Most people are afraid of speaking in public, but effective oral communication is a key skill in business. We will provide simple communication tools, strategies, and tips that are easy to use and produce immediate results. We’ll help you sound more confident, better express ideas, and overcome anxiety. As a professional woman and leader, how do you communicate using body language? Learn how to be aware of your body language, and how you can use your body language to convey power, authority, and interest in what others have to say.
2:15pm-3:00pm: Motivate, Manage and Engage Your Team – Develop leadership skills to achieve team goals! Can you motivate your team members to self-manage? Can your team work independently without you hovering? Learn how to build team cohesiveness and collaboration. Sharpen your team-building skills and discover new ways to drive performance and productivity, effectively and efficiently.
3:15pm-4:00pm: Leadership Strategies at Work & Negotiation Tactics for the Savvy Woman – Learn how women can succeed in the workplace through the art of negotiation for better jobs, opportunities, and salaries. Hear from successful women: how they got started, their inspirations and how they overcame their challenges and rose to the occasion! Learn the qualities that set the best apart from the best.
4:15pm-5:00pm: Lead Like a Boss – Want to get ahead? Inspire others? Nurture the next generation? Become the leader of the pack? You need to learn to lead like a boss. Lessons taught here will help you think, make you laugh, and make you change. Learn what it takes to not just survive but thrive in meetings, navigate politics at work, balance leadership with self-care, build a rapport with colleagues, understand why smart isn’t always superior and more. These are leadership lessons like you’ve never heard before. Whether you’re managing a team, a company, or a critical project, these tips can help lead you in the right direction. Lead like a boss.
PRESENTATION OF CERTIFICATE
To help women:
- Become better leaders
- Increase efficiency
- Understand the role of technology in improving their leadership skills
- Develop emotional intelligence
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Those who are:
- Decision makers
- Responsible for managing other people
- Responsible for specific deliverables
- Oversee the management of 3 people and above
PARTICIPANTS ARE WOMEN WHO WISH TO:
- Take on or are in a leadership role
- Advance their personal development
- Progress their careers
- Build and improve on their leadership skills
- Find new ways to motivate their team
- Contribute more to their organizations
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT:
- Become a better leader
- Learn how to develop an executive presence
- Learn negotiation skills and tactics
- Strengthen your emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Learn from women leaders who have insight into what it takes to be successful
at different levels
- Learn executive decision making and how to design growth strategies and more!
- Ticket to Welcome VIP Breakfast
- Ticket to Networking Lunch
- 5 Breakout Sessions
- Swag Bag
- An Executive Women Leadership Certificate
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL:
- Chamber Members: $99 | Reg. $129
- Non-Chamber Members: $149 | Reg. $199
Register Now! Limited Space!