The Government Affairs Committee is made up of former government affairs professionals and Chamber members representing companies throughout New York City. The GAC will launch standing committees with committee chairs, which work much in the same way as committees in the New York City Council.
The New American Chamber of Commerce manages an aggressive advocacy program combining research, surveys, government relations and communications. Through its Board of Directors and Government Affairs Committee, the Chamber has forged key relationships with elected officials and leaders of government agencies, making it a forceful advocate for the business community and helping it to secure major investments for the economic and community development of New York City.
The Chambers (NACC, AAICC and HAICC) Government Affairs Committee is chaired by a Coalition Chamber Representative and made up of Member volunteers who work with the Chamber to enhance the rapport between our Chambers and public officials through various activities.
Each year the Chambers and its Commerce Government Affairs Committee will travel to Albany and Washington, D.C., to meet with State and Federal legislators. Under the direction of its Government Affairs Committee, the Chambers will conduct an annual survey of its membership to help identify and prioritize the organization's minority initiative, "Agenda for Minority Business Growth." The Agenda for Minority Business Growth lays out issues to help make New York City an even greater place for minorities to do business, work and live. Each year the document is updated, looking at government issues that affect businesses in New York City. This Committee, will also work with procurement departments of the city, state, federal and private sector.
Are you a business member of our Chamber of Commerce? Did you schedule a free consultation through our Small Business Solutions Program? Are you interested in a consultation on the business or legal issues listed below that could impact your business? Then please select from the choice(s) below and we will schedule a meeting with a business attorney.
◦ Legal & Business Issues with Your Business Plan
◦ Cash Flow Statement Issues for Business Loans
◦ Help Choosing Your Form of Business
◦ E2 & EB-5 Business Visa Programs
◦ Credit Issues for You or Your Business
◦ Debt Collections or Defense
◦ Construction Contract & Mechanic Liens Issues
◦ Free Paralegal Program
◦ Sales Leads Matchmaking Program Local
◦ Sales Leads Matchmaking Program Global
◦ Minority Certification , Federal, State, City & Corporate
◦ Marketing & Branding Your Products or Services
◦ International Multicultural Business Expo Partnership
◦ Chamber Seminar or Workshop Proposal & Sponsorship - Cost & Procedures